THE DATE
OCTOBER
FALL 2014
lost track? click here!
UPDATES
june 15th, 2014: ..also, surprise! we have a new skin!!
june 15th, 2014: hey guys! two important things. 1) a warning/announcement about the icc, here!. 2) activity check #2, here! please check both out.
may 29th, 2014: quick announcement about the mini profile change, so please click here to read about that!
may 27th, 2014: hey guys! new skin, and lots of new features/updates/changes! click here to read them all!
credits
the skin was made by cat for show your teeth, along with the graphics, the code for the board description, and the table you are seeing here. thank you subdevo for the peekaboo sidebar, and thank you black for the custom forum structure coeds. the lyrics you see on the category titles are from the song 'spread your love' by the black rebel motorcycle club, and the site title is a slight variation of lyrics from the song 'teeth' by lady gaga. the color palette was found off of colourlovers, and the backgrounds you see used in the mini profile and in the background of the skin are from subtlepatterns. if i've forgotten to credit you, please let me know! x

Add Reply
New Poll

the stars lean down, niamh/cazza
EDAN P. BRENNEN
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 12:31 AM
student
I can hear your heart On the radio beat They're playing "Chasing Cars" and I thought of us Back to the time, You were lying next to me I looked across and fell in love So I took your hand Back through lamp-lit streets and dew Everything led back to you So can you see the stars...
twenty-one years old
315 posts made

Saint

TAG | NIAMH
WORDS | 381
NOTES | BRENENS AGE 9
HEARTS IN THE AIR
The little boy, who was rather small for his age, lay wrapped up in layers of blankets. The only things visible to someone who might walk in was the blonde locks on the top of his head and the piercing blue eyes that were accentuated by his pale complexion. Edan was freezing, even if it was the middle of the summer and the air conditioning wasn’t even turned up all that high. He didn’t dare complain though, worried if he did it would cause his parents and his sister to compromise their comfort for him. Besides, that would have meant stand up and walking down the hall to their room, something he was nearly positive he didn’t have the strength or energy for at the moment. Maybe he could just try and get another blanket, he knew there was another one around somewhere in his room. It was one of the really warm fuzzy ones too. He would get it in a little while, maybe when the fans turned off and gave the air unit a break. At least then there wouldn’t be cold air blowing directly on him.

Edan sighed quietly, peeking over his blankets one last time before laying his head down and closing his eyes. He was sure she was going to come in, she had nearly every night before. Niamh would wander in and crawl into bed with him. She would reassure him and the little boy would feel better knowing she was there. Edan didn’t like being away from his twin for too long, it was a feeling he was finding it hard to get used to. He wanted her to go to school though, to make friends and have fun. Maybe a little part of him was selfish in wanting to hear all the stories she would have when she got home as well. Niamh was his best friend, and really his only friend in America and he wasn’t sure he could do it without her. Just as Edan felt himself finally start to get tired he was almost sure he heard the sound of his door open and he rolled to his other side so he could see. "Niamh?” he whispered, pulling the comforter down ever so slightly so he could get a better view.

OLIVER QUEEN.
PM
^
niamh r. brennen
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 05:28 PM
dance instructor
sugar pie honey bunch, you know that i love you! i can't help myself. i want you and nobody else.
twenty one years old
29 posts made

Saint

the nights they spent together were magical ones. .. ones where they could sail away together without the confines of edan's illness or their parents coddling. they had fought fearlessly alongside peter pan and the lost boys. .. and they had floated away into the sky with chitty chitty bang bang. they had tackled adventure after adventure together without even setting foot outside edan's bed. .. because when they were together, they were free. many nights they'd sit and read stories, niamh avidly acting out hoarse voices and child like dialogue. .. and another nights, they'd lay amidst an eerie silence. niamh had held her brother's hand many times. .. and she couldn't imagine a life where she would be unable.

with the lightfooted ways of a dancer, niamh traipsed her way up the stairs and down the hall into her brother's room. .. not even speaking a peep before the door was closed behind her. in her arms was an over sized duvet, which was subsequently packed full of sweets she had knicked from the kitchen. .. she could barely see over the top but she managed to balance it over to him anyway. " i thought the lost boys had come for you. " she teased briefly, setting the bundle down on the foot of his bed. " how rubbish would that have been? taking you without me! " almost instinctively, niamh began to unravel the blanket over her brother. .. he was cold. .. she could sense it.

i will never give up on you for all of the times you sat and sang to me.

© cazza
PM
^
EDAN P. BRENNEN
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 06:29 PM
student
I can hear your heart On the radio beat They're playing "Chasing Cars" and I thought of us Back to the time, You were lying next to me I looked across and fell in love So I took your hand Back through lamp-lit streets and dew Everything led back to you So can you see the stars...
twenty-one years old
315 posts made

Saint

TAG | NIAMH
WORDS | 381
NOTES | BRENENS AGE 9
HEARTS IN THE AIR
Edan wasn’t allowed to do much, he couldn’t really do much. The effort it took for him to wander down the hall to watch the kids playing in the street through the big window upstairs felt the same as someone who had just run a marathon. The blonde would sit there thinking about what it would be like to kick a soccer ball around with the boys or help the little girls whose dog always seemed to escape. He would fall asleep and dream of the adventures he and his twin always talked about. Sometimes Edan wished he and Niamh really could follow Peter Pan to Neverland. He had lost track of the amount of times he had made her read that book to him or the number of Disney movies they would curl up under his blankets and watch until they fell asleep and their parents came in to shut the television off.

It had become a sort of game for Edan, watching the clock on his nightstand and guessing the exact moment he would hear the quiet squeak of his door and his sister’s voice fill the air. She always knew how to make him happy and he wasn’t really sure if she knew just how much it meant. He smiled softly as the girl began to speak, trying not to laugh. ”Oh they did, but I told them I had to wait for you but they had to go fight hook and couldn’t stick around.” He replied, letting out a content sigh as the warmth of the duvet enveloped him. It was then he noticed a stray sweet and he smiled even wider. ”You’ve brought me treats!” his eyes sparkling with excitement.

OLIVER QUEEN.
PM
^
niamh r. brennen
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 08:15 PM
dance instructor
sugar pie honey bunch, you know that i love you! i can't help myself. i want you and nobody else.
twenty one years old
29 posts made

Saint

" such a loyal companion you are! " niamh added in a surprisingly sophisticated nature. .. there was no doubt about it - she was growing up. .. illness had a way of disintegrating childhood fantasy and replacing it with what was feared most. .. the truth. " i did! i brought you all kinds of treats. except the cadbury bars. .. mum ate those. " it only took a few more moments of niamh scooping up the sweets before she could crawl into bed with her brother. once comfortably stationed at his side, she took a moment to glance over his face. " school wasn't fun without you today. i just wanted to be by myself. "

it was almost painful how unaware she was of her own emotions. she knew she was sad for edan. .. her partner in crime was no longer allowed on outings or to accompany her to school. .. but she didn't know just how largely it was affecting her psyche. .. she didn't want to race the boys around the school yard. .. she didn't want to sit and play dolls. she didn't even want to do her school work on bad days. " i drew you something though. during art time. here. " with a careful gesture, niamh shifted through the pile of sweets on their lap to fish something out of her nightgown's pocket. " it's me. .. and you, you're flying, see? like peter pan. "

© cazza

PM
^
EDAN P. BRENNEN
 Posted: Jun 25 2014, 04:02 PM
student
twenty-one years old
315 posts made

Saint

TAG | NIAMH
WORDS | 381
NOTES | BRENENS AGE 9
HEARTS IN THE AIR
Edan smiled and gave an enthusiastic nod, ”Of course. What kind of fun would Neverland be without you there too?” he replied as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. There weren’t a lot of places the blonde would go without his sister by his side. She was his very best friend. While she grew up, he remained set in his ways as a child, convinced that if he believed hard enough everything would be okay. ”Mam always eats the best stuff, she even said she would save me one.” he huffed, taking a piece of candy from the girls lap and ripping the packaging off. ”But what about all your friends?” he questioned with a mouthful. ”Why did you want to be all alone?” he asked innocently, resting his head on the girls shoulder.

The little boy never liked seeing his sister sad, especially if he could tell it was because of him. Edan always insisted that Niamh had fun and played with the other kids. That way when he came to school she could introduce him to them all. Of course he missed his sister when she was at school and he was stuck at home, frustrated and tired with how hard classwork was for him, but he always knew she would come back home. ”You did?” he questioned with a grin before sticking another sweet in his mouth. Edan took the picture carefully from his sister and studied it. ”It’s really lovely Naimh. I’m going to put it right here…” he replied, sitting up just a little to rest the picture against the lamp that sat on his nightstand before going back to leaning against his sister, reaching for another piece of chocolate.

OLIVER QUEEN.
PM
^
niamh r. brennen
 Posted: Jun 26 2014, 01:41 PM
dance instructor
twenty one years old
29 posts made

Saint

niamh sighed animatedly and shrugged her shoulders in response. how could she describe how she felt to him without his feelings being hurt? this wasn't edan's fault. .. she knew that much. he never asked to be sick. .. he never asked to stay home from school. .. and he most definitely never asked to miss out on the fun. why was she being so selfish? she felt her throat begin to tighten and she glanced the boy's face over once. " i just missed you. " she tried at first to keep back the tears. .. but it was no use. she was smearing away the hot liquid on her cheeks within seconds. " wherever you go, i want to go. " it was a simple yet strangely dark suggestion. .. if he were to go. .. where?

niamh was young and in many ways still innocent, but she knew what death was. .. she knew what it meant and she was afraid of it. death meant gone. .. gone forever. .. no stories, no adventures. .. no playing peter pan and captain hook. .. no sweets and whispers and secrets. she prayed to god every night to spare the likes of her brother. .. 'i'm not ready for edan to be an angel yet.' she'd tearily offer, her voice ridden with pain. 'you can't have him. i need him here with me. ..' other times, she'd beg for him to alleviate her brother's pain. .. she'd watch him writhe in his pajamas, tender to even the slightest of touches. .. and there was nothing she could do. .. she was completely and utterly helpless. " sometimes i wish we could fly away like in the drawing. i bet nobody's sick in neverland. if anything ever happens and we get separated, will you meet me there? "

© cazza
PM
^
EDAN P. BRENNEN
 Posted: Jun 29 2014, 11:27 PM
student
twenty-one years old
315 posts made

Saint

TAG | NIAMH
WORDS | 381
NOTES | BRENENS AGE 9
HEARTS IN THE AIR
Edan bit his lip and looked down immediately, almost ashamed of making his sister cry. That hadn’t been his intention, and though he knew it was likely Niamh knew that, it still hurt him to know all those tears were because of him. ”Oh Nini, please don’t cry.” he almost pleaded, wrapping his arms around his sister, resting his chin on her shoulder as he looked at the wall behind them, trying to remind himself to be brave and that there was no reason to be sad. ”You don’t have to miss me, you can just think about how I’m always here waiting for you to come home.” he said as if it would fix everything. He wanted to fix everything so badly, but the little boy just wasn’t all that sure how to do that. This wasn’t something he could just wish away or be nice to someone and solve and so all he could manage was to cling to his sister and hope it would ease her crying. ”I’m not going anywhere Nini, I promise.” he replied in a strange understanding of what his sister was getting at.

He wasn’t afraid of it, or that’s what he told himself. Just like Peter Pan he just found it to be an adventure. An adventure that no one else had gone on before. Of course there were those nights he would cry quietly after a bad day, or toss and turn in his bed in discomfort. For the most part Edan always wore a smile, wanting other people to smile too. He wanted his mom and his dad to smile, but more than anything he wanted his sister to smile. The little boy nodded slowly in response to Niamh’s question, finishing the food he was currently chewing before speaking, ”Of course, we’ll meet right outside Peter’s hideout, okay?” he moved to lay down against the pillows once more,

OLIVER QUEEN.
PM
^
niamh r. brennen
 Posted: Jul 1 2014, 02:26 AM
dance instructor
twenty one years old
29 posts made

Saint

there was nothing quite like her brother's embrace. .. nothing as warm, nor comforting. edan had a way of easing her tears better than any adult ever could. they shared that bond. .. the bond people spoke of when they thought of twins. they had survived 9 months in the womb together. tussling about with limbs intertwined like a human pretzel. .. in many ways, they were still those babies. though niamh was unable to hang off his arm physically now. .. she did emotionally. she needed the care and comfort of her brother just like he needed the same from her.

" .. promise? " with a sheepish sniffle, niamh sucked back the rest of her tears and offered up a wounded smile. " i know you don't like it when i cry. .. i try not to. sometimes they just come out. " spoken in the true words of a nine year old. " school was. .. it was okay. i liked drawing time. danny got moved to the desk beside mine. we shared a crayon box. .. he took all the green and blue. .. but that's okay. " danny. .. danny, danny danny. the boy who niamh watched religiously from across the classroom.

© cazza

PM
^
EDAN P. BRENNEN
 Posted: Jul 2 2014, 01:43 AM
student
twenty-one years old
315 posts made

Saint

TAG | NIAMH
WORDS | 381
NOTES | BRENENS AGE 9
HEARTS IN THE AIR
Edan liked making people feel better. He liked making them smile and helping them. He didn’t like when people were upset with him and it hurt him deeply. Knowing that his sister was this upset because of him, not that any of it was really in his control, was enough break the little boy’s heart. He held on tightly, convinced that maybe he could squish all the sadness out of his sister and then she would have fun in school and she wouldn’t cry so much. Edan just wanted to make things better and he didn’t know how. He had spent many days sitting in his bed thinking about it, but he never came up with a never good answer.

”I promise” he replied, despite having just promised only a few minutes before. That didn’t matter though, he would keep promising if it made Niamh not be so sad. ”I know, sometimes I cry too. It just comes out and you can’t stop it.” he assured her, not afraid to admit that sometimes he cried too. ”Why did he do that? That seems like a real silly thing to do.” Edan mused. ”Is he nice though? Would I want to be friends with him?” he questioned as he tried to picture a little boy and his sister drawing beside each other. He’s get to draw with them soon, he really believed he would. Maybe when he wasn’t always so tired anymore.

OLIVER QUEEN.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll